Countdown to the WCOOP: 10 Days to Go
The most prestigious series in online poker is exactly 10 days away and to help kick things off for the upcoming 62 championship events, here's a look at some fun facts and figures we've compiled about the World Championship of Online Poker (WCOOP):
- WCOOP ‘10 was the biggest series to date. It featured 141,126 buy-ins and total prize money of $63,157,150. The Main Event was won by Tyson ‘POTTERPOKER’ Marks, who took $2.28M for first place!
- 10th place in the Main Event is the player eliminated on the final table bubble. In 2010, the unfortunate player was ‘m8675309a’ from the Turks and Caicos Islands - the prize was over $85,000!
- During the ’10 series, three countries cashed 10 times - India, Luxembourg and Malaysia.
- Many notable players have exactly 10 lifetime WCOOP cashes to their name, including Team PokerStars Pros Martin Hruby and Chad Brown. Two of Chad’s cashes have been 10th place finishes.
- Only four countries have won more than $10M in WCOOP history, that’s the USA, Canada, the UK and Sweden. In addition, Canada has produced 10 WCOOP bracelet winners.
- In WCOOP history there have only been 10 entries from Nigeria and El Salvador.
- The biggest prize awarded in any WCOOP Event 10 was $611,455 in 2009. It was the $10K No Limit Hold’em high roller event won by ‘Sumpas’ from Sweden.
- This year, Event 10 is a $265 PLO Knockout tournament with a guarantee of $225K.
- WCOOP 2011 will be the 10th annual running of the World Championship of Online Poker!
And if you want to be a part of all that action, it's just a few clicks away. Download Pokerstars through PokerNewsIndia and take advantage of our exclusive offers and promotions.