The most prestigious series in online poker is exactly 6 days away and to help kick things off for the upcoming 62 championship events, here's a look at some fun facts and figures we've compiled about the World Championship of Online Poker (WCOOP):
- WCOOP ’11 is the most important online poker series of the year. There are 62 events and more than
- The first ever WCOOP event was a $109 Limit Hold'em tournament. The winner was ‘fingaz’ from the
USA, who got over $15,000 for 1st place.
- In terms of winnings, the #1 WCOOP player of all time is Tyson ‘POTTERPOKER’ Marks. He won last
year’s Main Event and cashed in three others during 2010, making well over $2,285,000.
- Having already won just about every major prize the poker world has to offer, last year Jason Mercier
won his 1st WCOOP bracelet.
- Other Team PokerStars Pros with 1 WCOOP bracelet include Chad Brown, David Williams, George
Danzer and Alex Kravchenko.
- Twelve countries cashed for more than $1M in prize money during last year’s WCOOP.
- Five countries picked up their 1st and only WCOOP bracelet during the 2010 championship. They were
Bulgaria, Netherlands Antilles, Luxembourg, Ukraine and Uruguay.
- Bahrain, Croatia, Iceland, Morocco, Philippines and Columbia have all made 1 appearance at WCOOP
- In a total 416,095 WCOOP entries, there has been only 1 showing each from Botswana, Mali, Malawi,
Tanzania and Gambia. Unfortunately, none of them went on to cash.
- Countries that have produced 1 solitary WCOOP cash include Pakistan, Kuwait, El Salvador,
Madagascar and the Isle of Man.
- You can qualify to WCOOP events for just $1. The turbo rebuy satellites take place at 1 minute past
the hour throughout the day.
- This year sees the 1st appearance of Viktor ‘Isildur1’ Blom in WCOOP. He’s a tough opponent in any
game, but expect him to be at his most dangerous in event 41, the $10K No Limit Hold’em Heads-Up
- WCOOP ’11 features nine events with guarantees exceeding $1M.
Event 1 kicks off tomorrow at 10:00 ET with a $215 No Limit Hold’em 6-Max tournament.
- The Main Event in this year’s series will award a guaranteed $1M to 1st place. You can qualify for the
tournament for as little as $11.
And if you want to be a part of all that action, it's just a few clicks away. Download Pokerstars through PokerNewsIndia and take advantage of a fantastic ongoing promotion where PokerStars is giving away $20000 in freerolls! All you nee do do is rack up
Download PokerStars this month and earn 150 VPPs before September 21 to participate in three exclusive freerolls, with a combined value of $20,000 .
More details on the promotion and these freerolls can be read HERE