PokerStars has announced the first annual All-Star Showdown, an eight-player single elimination tournament that will earn one player bragging rights as the best heads-up no-limit heads-up player in the world. The event will take place from Oct. 27 through Nov. 4 on PokerStars and will feature eight players, including Isaac Haxton, the newest member of PokerStars Team Online.
“I’m excited to start my tenure with Team PokerStars with the chance to win a big title and a lot of money in my favorite form of poker,” Haxton said. “There are no titles or champions in heads-up cash games, just winners and losers. This tournament will change that by crowning the first All-Star Showdown champion.”
Among the players putting up the $100,000 buy-in are Alexander “Sussie Smith” Roumeliotis, Alex “Kanu7” Millar, Ben “Sauce123” Sulsky, Tobias “KTPOKP” Kuder and Phil “MrSweets28” Galfond. That means two spots are up for grabs, and anyone is welcome to sign up. Interested players can email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information on how to enter.
Here are the rules of the All-Star Showdown:
- Prior to the first match, tournament seeding will be determined by a random draw. After the initial draw players will progress through a single-elimination tournament.
- The matches will take place at 18:00 CET from October 27 - November 4, with a break in play on October 29 and November 1. The final will be on November 4.
- Matches will be played simultaneously over four heads-up tables.
- Each $100,000 buy-in is spread evenly over four tables with blinds starting at $50/100.
- Blinds will double after every 3,000 hands played.
- The match ends when a player busts on all four tables.
The winner of the tournament will take home more than $500,000 and the first All-Star Showdown trophy. For more information, visit pokerstars.com.